J.B. Covert Lodge #437
Making Good Men Better
One of our core tenets is to provide relief to our fellow Masons and others. This is manifested in several different ways throughout the year and usually involves directed donations from the members of the lodge, but there are times where we budget for donations which come from our operating budget. As with any organization that serves over 250 members and owns a facility we have operating costs that sometime limit our ability to help others as much as we would like to. To offset some of our operating costs and provide a pool of resources for providing donations in the coming year we are again this year conducting a raffle fundraiser. Before you read the details of the raffle we’d like to share with you a few of our most recent donations.
Since November of 2018 J. B. Covert Lodge has donated:
- Van load of toys to Inner Parish Ministries
- Over $500 to Ohio Masonic Home
- Nearly $100 to 6th District Sweats for Vets Program
- $1,000 to the Widow of Detective Brewer of the Clermont County Sheriff’s Office
- $1,500 in Scholarship to Isaiah Brinson of West Clermont HS through the Kyle Adkins Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Over $400 to Masons in need nationally after catastrophic events through the Masonic Services Association- paid for by member donations and a portion of the 2018 raffle proceeds
- $400 to Brothers in Need
- $500 to Boy Scout Troop 443
- $1,000 to Special Olympics- paid for by member donations and a portions of the 2018 raffle proceeds
- Numerous bushels of Lettuce & Spinach, Cucumbers, Sugar Snap Peas, Tomatoes and Peppers to Milford Miami Ministries and Summerside United Methodist Church Food Pantry
Smith & Wesson Shield 2.0 in 9 mm
$10 per ticket and only 400 tickets to be sold!
Drawing to be held on October 15th or earlier if all tickets are sold.
Our Charitable Efforts Include:
Special Olympics • The Shield • Masonic Charities • Boy Scouts • Kyle Adkins Memorial Scholarship Fund
Winner must be over 21 and be legally able to purchase/own a Firearm within the U.S. Official state issued ID necessary to claim prize and complete federal background check. No straw purchases. J. B. Covert Lodge reserves the right to change and replace prize at any time (of equal or more value). Prizes must be picked up within 30 days of the drawing or J. B. Covert Lodge has the right to reclaim the prize. Winner also gives permission for J. B. Covert Lodge and Hunter’s Den in Amelia to publish name and likeness in future marketing materials. $1 is added to the cost of online tickets to cover credit card processing and mailing fees. Firearm is issued by Hunters Den in Amelia Ohio and can be transferred through FFL transfers. Proceeds benefit J. B. Covert Masonic Lodge and are not deductible as charitable contributions.